11 June 2014

Chinese Barbequed Spareribs

This recipe is taken from The Australian Women's Weekly 1000 Best-Ever Recipes cookbook and can be found here so I won't re-list the ingredients and method (just follow the link).


The ribs can be cooked as a whole rack or separated and cooked as individual pieces. I've cooked them both ways and they've been delicious each time. I love to serve them with a salad and some homemade chips which I cook in my Tefal Acti-Fry. The Acti-Fry cooks the chips using hot air and a tablespoon of oil, making them a healthier option than fried chips. It's convenient for me because I can stick them in there and let them cook away without having to turn them or prevent them from burning. If you don't have an Acti-Fry, you can chop up some potatoes, season them and mix them in a bowl with a tablespoon of oil to coat and then place them in oven to cook.


The ribs in this recipe come out very tender and juicy, with plenty of sauce! The only thing I do differently to the original recipe is I don't transfer them from one dish to another after marinating. I marinate them, give them a quick turn in the marinade to coat them again right before baking and then I cook them in the marinade.
 
Enjoy!
 
 



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)