19 June 2014

Cinnamon Apple Chips

These crispy cinnamon apple chips are very yummy - and healthy too, which is always a great bonus. My son and I were munching away on them last night during the NSW Blue's great Origin win! They are super easy to make, although they do take a bit of time. My advice would be to stick them in the oven whilst you have other things to do (dreary housework and the like) and before you know it, they will be ready and able to be enjoyed. I haven't included any quantities in this recipe because you can basically make as little or as many as you want.


Cinnamon Apple Chips
  
Apples*
Ground cinnamon
Caster sugar

* I used Pink Lady variety apples, however you can use other types.


1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees Celsius fan forced. It is better to cook the apples at a lower temperature for longer so as to gain the crispiness you're after.

2. Slice apple into very thin pieces. Try to keep them as uniform as possible. If you have an apple corer and slicer all the better, however I had no trouble slicing an apple with a large, sharp knife.

3. Lay apple slices in a single layer on a lined baking tray.

4. Sprinkle apples with either cinnamon or a combination of caster sugar and cinnamon (my favourite).

Apple slices, ready to be baked.
4. Place tray with apples into pre-heated oven and cook for approximately 2 hours, turning over once about half way through the cooking process. It is up to you whether you add more cinnamon to other side of apples once turned over (I did choose to add more).
5. Once cooked, turn oven off and leave apples in oven to cool. I only left mine in for about 10 minutes and once pulled out, they were nice and crunchy. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)